Search State Library Databases. Go to www.kslib.info if this doesn't work
Cite Sources with EasyBib
Ebooks from the SM North Library
Click here for Free Ebooks. See the librarian for the password.
Resources for Citations
Looking for Books
SMSD Library Look Up at library.smsd.org to search for book titles in The Library @SMN
Encyclopedia Britannica-- Instead of Wikipedia
Put in the date you start your research paper and the day it is due, the Assignment Planner will come up with a timeline for you to follow!
Don't just Google....
Use this nifty checklist from UC-Berkeley to evaluate websites that you find to make sure you are getting valuable and accurate information.
Links to Other Environmental Ed LibGuides
The databases at www.kslib.info give you access to great databases, such as the Student Resource Center and the Environmental Databases
The State Library of Kansas at kslib.info
Go to www.kslib.info to search the State of Kansas Library databases (You will need to type kslib.info into a new window)
Click on Link "Explore Our Resources"
Click on Academic Search Premier, Medline or another database.
Make sure you click on "Search Options" and "Full Text" before searching
To Search Additional Databases, click on "Other Databases" and Select All or specific databases. Make sure to refine to "Full Text."
ABC-CLIO Databases (Password Required)
Click Here for all ABC-CLIO databases
Each ABC-CLIO database includes articles, images, videos, analysis, maps, primary sources, and more! See Ms. Crawford for the password.
- The Issues: Understanding Controversy and Society database focuses on controversial issues—with authoritative historical context, expert perspectives, and carefully selected primary and secondary sources covering 150 of today's most significant social issues, with access to 7,000 articles and 4,500 multimedia primary sources.
- American Government Database gives details about the political parties and the set up of the US Government.
How to Get Started
ABC-CLIO requires the school's password (see Ms. Crawford for the password).
Click on icons under "ABC-CLIO" Links on this page or the tabs above to use specific ABC-CLIO databases
Click here to search all the ABC-CLIO databases provided by the North Library.
For additional databases, use the State Databases at www.kslib.info.
EasyBib School Edition Instructions (See Getting Started with Easy Bib Tab for more inf...
EasyBib School Edition: Keep Track of Citations and Notes
1. Go to www.easybib.com/register to create an account. See Ms. Crawford for Coupon Code
2. Create a new project with a title and MLA 7. Click on Bibliography under your project name when you find a source to cite.
For Virtual Notecards:
- Click on Notebook under your project title and copy and paste the text from the article (or type the text from a book) into the quote box. Make sure to add quotation marks before and after, and a page number if one is available
- Now or later, you may go back to Paraphrase the quote and add a heading in Title. The Organize option allows you to set up groups or color code items.
Outline in EasyBib:
On the right side of the page, you may create an outline with bullets, and drag your notecards into the outline.
Notes to Remember in EasyBib.com: