World History ABC-CLIO Password Required
Search All The Library Things at One Time- Books, ebooks, articles, databases, videos, images and more!
Go to destiny.smsd.org > Select North > Login in the upper right hand corner with your student id number and district password. Go to the Catalog tab.
1. Do a keyword or subject search. (Library Books appear on the first tab.)
2. Click on One Search Tab in the Results.
3. Click on "Get Results" at bottom after a few seconds.
4. Click on "Show" under the Database name of the article you like (not the database name)
5. Look for EbscoHost, ABC-CLIO, or other appropriate database results, depending on your topic. Of the EBSCO databases, School MasUltra and Academic are the most general. Student Research and Literary Reference may be better depending on your topic.
6. See more detailed instructions on the State Library databases or ABC-CLIO if your search results are not specific enough.
(Search by title and author to find specific books)
Encyclopedia Britannica: www.britannica.com
Go to www.britannica.com for the Academic Version
Find Books in the North Library- library.smsd.org
Click on Library Resources and North High School in the Drop Down Menu.
ABC-CLIO Database (Password Required)
The ABC-CLIO database includes articles, images, videos, analysis, maps, primary sources, and more! See Ms. Crawford for the password.
- World History Database is subdivided by era
How to Get Started
ABC-CLIO requires the school's password (see Ms. Crawford for the password).
Click on icons under "ABC-CLIO" Links on this page for specific ABC-CLIO databases
For additional social studies databases, use the State Databases at www.kslib.info.
The State Library of Kansas at kslib.info
Go to www.kslib.info to search the State of Kansas Library databases (You will need to type kslib.info into a new window)
1. Click on Link "Online Resources" on the left side.
2. Click on Student Research Center, Academic Search Premier, MasterFile, History Reference Center or another database.
3. Make sure you click on "Search Options" and "Full Text" before searching
To Search Additional Databases, click on "Other Databases" and Select All or specific databases. Make sure to refine to "Full Text."
Gale Virtual Reference eBooks - GVRL
Resources for Citations
Make sure you double check your citations against the MLA Handbook or your teacher's requirements.