Librarian Pre-Service, August 2012
Helping School Librarians Stay In Control in an Out of Control World
Three (of Many) Topics Discussed at ALA:
1. Common Core
2. Content Curation
3. Reading - Student Choice
"Working Harder Is NOT a Strategy"
Common Core/AASL Standards Crosswalk
How to Find CCSS Lesson Plans on AASL Database
1. Go to the Common Core/AASL Crosswalk Link: http://www.ala.org/aasl/guidelinesandstandards/commoncorecrosswalk. Pick the content area or grade.
2. Find the appropriate Common Core Standard and its AASL counterpart. Note: Not all Common Core Standards have an AASL counterpart, and some AASL standards apply to several Common Core Standards. Remember the AASL Standard Number.
3. Go to the AASL Lesson Plan Database: http://aasl.jesandco.org/
4. Click on Browse All Lesson Plans and Faceted Search (or another type of search)
5. Find the AASL number and look through the list of lesson plans.