ABC-CLIO Links (Password Required)
Each ABC-CLIO database includes articles, images, videos, analysis, maps, primary sources, and more! See Ms. Crawford for the password.
- American History Database
- The Issues: Understanding Controversy and Society Most significant social issues, with access to 7,000 articles and 4,500 multimedia primary sources.
How to Get Started
Click on icons under "ABC-CLIO" Links on this page or the tabs above to use specific ABC-CLIO databases
Click here to search all the ABC-CLIO databases provided by the North Library.
Science in Context (Also covers technology and some history)
Don't just Google....
Use this nifty checklist from University of CA-Berkeley to evaluate websites that you find to make sure you are getting valuable and accurate information.
eBooks from Gale Virtual Reference (Get password from Ms. Crawford)
See librarian for password (may only be required at home).
Click on Gale Virtual Reference. History, and the eBook American Decades
Search within the Volume on the right.
Take Notes and Use Quotation marks when copy and pasting.
Note MLA Citation at bottom of articles. Check against MLA rules.
The State Library of Kansas at kslib.info
Go to www.kslib.info to search the State of Kansas Library databases
- Click on Link "Online Resources"
- Click on the NEW Explora Multi-Search link to search all the databases at once.
- If you want a specific database, you may choose Academic Search Premier, MasterFile Premier, Student Research Center, MasUltra, Literature Reference Center or another database. Make sure you click on "Search Options" and "Full Text" before searching
To Search Additional Databases, click on "Other Databases" and Select All or specific databases. Make sure to refine to "Full Text."
Search All The Library Things at One Time- Books, ebooks, articles, databases, videos, images and more!
Go to destiny.smsd.org > Select North > Login in the upper right hand corner with your student id number and district password. Go to the Catalog tab.
1. Do a keyword or subject search. (Library Books appear on the first tab.)
2. Click on One Search Tab in the Results.
3. Click on "Get Results" at bottom after a few seconds.
4. Click on "Show" under the Database name of the article you like (not the database name)
5. Look for EbscoHost, ABC-CLIO, or other appropriate database results, depending on your topic. Of the EBSCO databases, School MasUltra and Academic are the most general. Student Research and Literary Reference may be better depending on your topic.
6. See more detailed instructions on the State Library databases or ABC-CLIO if your search results are not specific enough.
(Search by title and author to find specific books)
The Library @SMN
Call The Library @ SMN at 913.993.7033.