Career Research Websites
eBooks on Careers (Don't Forget the Career Book Cart with More than 200 books!)
For Follett eBooks, go to destiny.smsd.org > SM North > Login with your student # and district password > Catalog Tab> Follett Shelf.
For more information on how to check out ebooks, go to http://smnorth.smsd.libguides.com/ebooks
Databases at kslib.info for Career Research
- Go to www.kslib.info to search the State of Kansas Library databases
- Click on Link "Online Resources"
- For a more General Search, Click on Explora Multi Search and search your topic with "Career" on the end. Look for Reference books and other articles.
- Click on the "Vocational and Career" under business for more specifics. (Make sure you click on "Search Options" and "Full Text" before searching)
To Search Additional Databases, click on "Other Databases" and Select All or specific databases. Make sure to refine to "Full Text."
Universal Search From the North Library
Go to destiny.smsd.org to search for databases, websites and books in The Library @SMN
- Click on North Library and search in the click on Universal Search on the left.
- Sign in with your student number and laptop password for more details.
- Look for WebPath Express in databases for good websites on your topic!
(Most of the library career books are on the career cart. Don't forget to use the table of contents and the index.)
Encyclopedia Britannica-- school.eb.com from www.kslib.info
The Library @SMN
Call The Library @ SMN at 913.993.7033.
Resources for Citations
Make sure you double check your citations against the MLA Handbook or your teacher's requirements.
Don't just Google....
Use this nifty checklist from University of CA-Berkeley to evaluate websites that you find to make sure you are getting valuable and accurate information.